Application deadline for full consideration: Dec 1, 2019
Background: Ph.D in Computer Science, Statistics, Computational Social Science or related field by starting date.
Postdoctoral position dates: 1-year position (extensible), starting in Aug 2020 (starting date flexible).
Seeking postdoc applicants interested in studying the areas of fairness and ethics in machine learning / artificial intelligence / data science and related fields. Applicants with a passion and ability for conducting and co-crafting meaningful research at the fascinating and challenging intersection of rigorous science that makes impactful real world change.
The postdoc would be directly advised by Prof. Elisa Celis, and can include broader collaborations, in particular with the Computation & Society initiative at Yale University.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Fair AI Postdoc” with the following information by Dec 1st, 2019:
- A brief (max 2 page) research statement that outlines your research achievements and agenda
- 1-2 papers representative of your work.
- Link to google scholar page OR full list of publications
- Contact info for 2 or more references who could provide a recommendation letter upon request (references may be contacted at a later date).
- A brief (max 1 page) diversity and inclusion statement that outlines your outreach activities and plans
I am committed to building an inclusive and diverse research environment broadly defined. I strongly encourage applications from people of all genders, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, veterans, students with non-traditional backgrounds and all other people under-represented in academic environments.